Course of Introduction to Astronomy and Astrophysics 2016
News stories related to the universe and the cosmos are increasingly appearing in the media. We often find it difficult to understand what they are talking about and it is difficult to estimate the impact of such news. This introductory course in Astronomy and Astrophysics is intended to give the student a basic knowledge that provides a foundation on which to build a more elaborate study if he or she so wishes or simply establish an astronomical culture that allows you to understand the implications of recent discoveries.
The course is taught by Arabela de la Nuez Cruz, an astrophysicist from the University of La Laguna, with a master’s degree in astrophysics and a sufficient researcher from the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
Details of the course:
Place: Agüimes, at the facilities of the Astronomical Observatory of Temisas
Duration: Every Friday in September (2,9,16,23,30)
Opening hours: From 19:00 to 23:00 hours
Price: 50 euros (including observation with telescopes)
Payment method: Enter in the number of CC: La Caixa ES82.2100.5972.83.0200062253
Concept: Course of Astrophysics
Number of places: 40
Information telephone: 680 969 582
History of the Astronomy
- The First Cultures and the Celestial Vault
- The Earth, center of the universe
- The Heliocentric Revolution
- Modern Astronomy
- Astronomy of our time
Sky observation and orientation
- The night vision.
- Visibility of the stars.
- Reconnaissance of the constellations.
- Location of celestial objects at different times and seasons: Stars, Solar System, stars and sky deep.
- The observation of the wandering stars: Planets, Sun, Moon, lesser bodies, comets.
- The observation of amateur. Societies Astronomical.
- The Celestial Sphere
- The Moon and the Planets
- The Stars and the Sun
- Celestial coordinates
- The measure of time
- Astronomical Instrumentation
- Optical telescopes
- Other telescopes
- Protection of telescopes
The Solar System
- Formation of the Solar System.
- Minor bodies: asteroids and comets
- Terrestrial planets.
- Gas giant planets.
- Giant planets of ice.
- Exploration of the solar system
Stars and the Milky Way
- Distance to the stars.
- Apparent and absolute magnitudes.
- Temperatures and colors of the stars.
- Birth, evolution and death of stars.
- White dwarfs, neutron stars and black holes.
- The search for extrasolar planets.
- Binary stars, open clusters and globular clusters.
- The Milky Way
- The expansion of the universe.
- The Big Bang, man.
- Cosmological models.
- Cosmic radiation in the background.
- Dark matter and large-scale structure.
- It’s the inflationary model.
- The Early Universe.
- Cosmology of the 21st century.